SAHC Membership Application
Important This membership application is for online payment only, if you are
mailing in your payment please do not use this application unless you print it
out and mail it with your payment.
This form will not submit unless all required fields indicated by the red asterisk
are filled in. If the form does not submit, the fields indicated by the red
are missing data. After submitting you will be directed to the secure payment
SAHC dues for the year Oct. 1, 2012 to Sep. 30, 2013
$40.00 for a Primary (A) member who elects to receive the printed version of
$25.00 for a Primary (A) member who elects to receive the electronic PDF version
of The Bulletin. Members who choose this option are responsible for downloading
the electronic issue from the club website each month.
$15.00 for non-Primary (B, C, D, etc) members.
$10.00 for one Primary (A) and one non-Primary (B) Guest Membership. * Fill out
the Primary (A) and Temporary (B) name fields, the Email field, and the
Visiting Dates field. Also complete the Assumption of Risk “YES” field and
associated date field before submitting the form. No other fields required.
Any “A” member who wishes to switch from a PDF Bulletin to a printed Bulletin may
do so at any time by paying the extra $15.00.
Member Application and Acknowledgment of Responsibility, Express Assumption of Risk, and Release of Liability
- I understand that during my membership in the Southern Arizona Hiking Club and during participation in any club Activity, I may be exposed to a variety of hazards and risks, foreseen or unforeseen, which are inherent in each Activity and cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of the Activity. These inherent risks include, but are not limited to, the dangers of serious personal injury, property damage, and death (“Injuries and Damages”) from exposure to the hazards of travel, and the Southern Arizona Hiking Club has not tried to contradict or minimize my understanding of these risks. I know that Injuries and Damages can occur by natural causes or activities of other persons, animals, club members, guides and assistants or third parties, either as a result of negligence or because of other reasons. I understand that risks of such Injuries and Damages are involved in adventure travel such as Southern Arizona Hiking Club Activities and I appreciate that I may have to exercise extra care for my own person and for others around me in the face of such hazards. I further understand that there may not be rescue or medical persons, facilities, or expertise necessary to deal with the Injuries and Damages to which I may be exposed on any Activity.
In consideration for my acceptance as a member in the Club and as a participant in any Club Activity, I confirm my understanding that:
- I have read any rules and conditions applicable to the Activities made available
to me; I will pay any costs and fees for the Activities; and I acknowledge my
participation is at my own discretion and the discretion of the Guide(s).
- The Activities officially begin and end at the location(s) designated by the
Southern Arizona Hiking Club. The Activities may include carpooling,
transportation, or private transit to and from the Activity, and I am personally
responsible for all risks associated with this travel.
- This Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law.
If any provision or any part of any provision of this Agreement is held to be
invalid or legally unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement
shall not be affected thereby and shall remain valid and fully enforceable.
- To the fullest extent allowed by law, I agree to WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, AND
RELEASE FROM LIABILITY the Southern Arizona Hiking Club, its officers,
directors, employees, agents, and leaders from any and all liability on account
of, or in any way resulting from Injuries and Damages, even if caused by
negligence of the Southern Arizona Hiking Club, its officers, directors,
employees, agents, and leaders, in any way connected with this Activity. I
further agree to HOLD HARMLESS the Southern Arizona Hiking Club, its officers,
directors, employees, agents, and leaders from any claims, damages, injuries or
losses caused by my own negligence while a member of the club or a participant
in any Activity. I understand and intend that this assumption of risk and
release is binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, and
includes any minors accompanying me.
- I have read this document in its entirety and I freely and voluntarily assume
all risks of such Injuries and Damages and notwithstanding such risks, I agree
to membership in the Southern Arizona Hiking Club and may participate in any
Please allow up to five days for receipt of your membership number. You may
participate in any hike prior to receiving your number. When signing in for a
hike, please inform the guide that you are a new member and write "new member"
in the member number field."
Mailing Address - SAHC - PO Box 32257 - Tucson, AZ 85715