SAHC Code of Conduct
I want to preserve the outdoors for the full enjoyment of others, and I will:
- Respect all public and private property.
- Leave all gates as found unless signed otherwise.
- Build fires in a safe place and make sure they are put out before leaving.
- Carry out my litter, including apple cores, banana skins, and orange peels.
- On a trail hike, stay on trail and not cut switchbacks.
- Preserve wildlife and not contaminate any water supply.
- Conduct myself in such a manner as not to impair the safety, health or enjoyment of others and myself.
- Accept the leadership and instructions of the guide.
- Bring no pets or firearms.
- Not participate in any outing which is beyond my physical capability.
- Bring food, water, clothing and equipment which is appropriate for each outing.
- Leave no one behind by always waiting for the hiker behind me at all trail junctions, water crossings, snow and other difficult sections of the hike.